When to use "Near-Field Sphere", "Near-Field Line" in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bya036

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For what purpose the use of "Near-Field Sphere" or "Near-Field Line" is needed?
As much as I know, HFSS solves all the fields inside the far-field radiation boundary.
If that is the case, all near fields are calculated by default. So what for does the "Near-Field Sphere" or "Near-Field Line" is used?

The radiation boundary is not in the far field. The manuals says this needs to be at least lambda/4 away from an antenna. But that is not in the far-field, but the near field. As far as I'm aware, HFSS transforms (probably via an FFT), the near to far fields. I assume the near field sphere might be for when you want to look at the near fields, which for some purposes are important.

Hi,

Yes I know, but since I use far radiation boundary for my antenna, there is no need any more to use a near field one, and this for the same reason I specified above.
I mean that near fields can be plotted anywhere inside the far field radion boundary, so why do I need to use the "Near-field sphere".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…