Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

When can we call the HDL code as RTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishwa

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

When can we call the HDL code as RTL??

What is the difference.

Regards,
Viswa

Re: What is RTL Vs HDL

RTL- register transfer language, is kind of description.
HDL- hardware description language, is VHDL or verilog or others. It must be one of them.

usually, we ask someone for HDL is for complete source code.
and if we ask someone for RTL.. it usually comes a kind of simplified & partial of source code which only contains idea.

this is want i understand.

Re: What is RTL Vs HDL

HDL(hardware description language): as its name implies, the language that used to describe the hardware(components) of your electronic system. this description can be in the register transfer level (RTL) "i.e. you describe the system with due to the behaviour or structure of registers and the combinational logics between it". you can also describe your system in the gate level"i.e. gates and routing between it".

so you can use HDL to describe the system at many levels. the language it self used to describe these levels are VHDL, Verilog, .....

also as tomanderson said, this is what i understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back