Whats the equivalent string for the enter key for a micro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chardbiggie

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to send enter key

i am using a ds89c420 microcontroller to answer a cal via modem, the at command for answering a call is ATA, so i burn the command print "ATA" to my microcontroller( i am using Basic language) , the problem is that for the modem to execute the command an enter key or carriage return must be executed how will i burn this to a microcontroller...

in short the enter key what is its equivalent string or how would i burn it on a microcontroller

hope u guys could help

Re: how to send enter key

In most cases, the <Enter> key is normally associated with the carriage return, which is denoted by ASCII character 13.

how to send enter key

The equivalent hexadecimal sequence of <cr><lf> is 0x0D 0x0A, or if you want in decimal, 13,10. Just send this using SBUF and it will work.

how to send enter key

yeah i already read that how would i execute it using BASIC language?
would
print "ATA"
print "13"

do the trick?

how????
please help thanks!!!!

Re: how to send enter key

The last time I coded in BASIC is at least a decade ago. Anyway, I remember BASIC uses the chr$(13) function. Not too sure about PICBASIC. According to **broken link removed**, they did mention a chr() function. Probably it's the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…