Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats the equivalent string for the enter key for a micro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chardbiggie

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to send enter key

i am using a ds89c420 microcontroller to answer a cal via modem, the at command for answering a call is ATA, so i burn the command print "ATA" to my microcontroller( i am using Basic language) , the problem is that for the modem to execute the command an enter key or carriage return must be executed how will i burn this to a microcontroller...

in short the enter key what is its equivalent string or how would i burn it on a microcontroller

hope u guys could help

Re: how to send enter key

In most cases, the <Enter> key is normally associated with the carriage return, which is denoted by ASCII character 13.

how to send enter key

The equivalent hexadecimal sequence of <cr><lf> is 0x0D 0x0A, or if you want in decimal, 13,10. Just send this using SBUF and it will work.

how to send enter key

yeah i already read that how would i execute it using BASIC language?
would
print "ATA"
print "13"

do the trick?

how????
please help thanks!!!!

Re: how to send enter key

The last time I coded in BASIC is at least a decade ago. Anyway, I remember BASIC uses the chr$(13) function. Not too sure about PICBASIC. According to **broken link removed**, they did mention a chr() function. Probably it's the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back