Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the difference about this board and analog IC design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triquent

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what's difference about this board(Analog circuit design) and the next board(analog IC design and layout)? a new member just confused by the name?

hi triquent
I understand your confusion. Please try and read these lines.

In theory: Analog Circuit Design is to use the designs made by people who design analog IC designs.

Analog Circuit Design does not care how an analog IC (opamp for example!) is made, how is their layout, it just uses it.

The word IC is the one which separates widely these two domains as is the word two domains of electronic design use it very often. One (analog circuit design) looks IC's in a macrovision while the other one is in microlevel design/layout. By the way you possibly will never hear the word PCB (you hear it in Analog design) but in analog IC design never, but instead you hear "the layout".

Hope this helps you distinguish these two things.

Re: What's the difference about this board and analog IC des

Thanks! But I found in this board people also discuss about Analog IC problems. Also I didn't find much difference about the discussion topics in these two boards.

You can not seperate these two issues completely, that is why you can find the same topic in two categories.

Re: What's the difference about this board and analog IC des

The analog IC is constituted by the analog circuit.
Here is focuse on the opa, PLL, bandgap, A/D, D/A, and filter......circuit discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.