Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

whats the diff between f877s

Status
Not open for further replies.

runner100

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can some explain what the difference is between a Pic16f877a 20/p and a Pic16f877-I/P is??
For some reason I can program the f877a 20/P using PropicII but not the f877-I/P Ic. I tried using the new Propic XP but it doesnt work at all for win 98 and both the pic 877a 20/P and 877-I/P . All the indicators say that the chip is programmed but if you then read the chip it comes up blank. Suposedly the PropicXP is to work with win98.

thanx
runner100

Microchip has changed the programming-algorithm in the newer 16F877A PICs (take a look @ the programming specs). The old 16F877-algorithm was fucking slow. I thing this can explain your problem. I don't know how to solve it, but if you take a look at e.g. the PICALL-software (another programmer) there are two different algorithms implemented. Something like that is perhaps what you need for Propic...

Good luck
Mik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back