Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the best VHDL/Verilog/SystemVerilog editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
xilinx ise systemverilog support

I think UltraEdit is the best in Windows. It supports 20 different languages, such as C, Perl, Java, and so on. The most important is that you can add VHDL and Verilog yourself in UltraEdit. It's really good.

notepad+ systemverilog

Ultraedit is the best editor.

systemverilog emacs

I usually use Modelsim to edit my HDL code.

eclipse system verilog plugin

nedit and ultraedit

windows vhdl editor best free

where could I find the systemverilog-mode for EMACS. I already have verilog-mode.el, I feel satisfied with that. Now I am going to use systemverilog, so I also want systemverilog-mode.

Anybody can help?

systerm verilog editor

The latest verilog-mode.el has support for System Verilog keywords and constructs. I don't have a good feel for the "autos" in verilog mode (for system verilog), but the highlighting seems to work well.

tab width modelsim

I think Textpad is a great editor in windows.
nEdit is also good in linux environment.

ultraedit vhdl syntax highlighting

PRISM or notepad ++ editor in windows...

emacs system verilog mode

I just ran into jedit, i just finished creating a systemverilog syntax highlight file so i'll use it this week at work and see how it goes.

+it is free and works on almost any OS.
+support for zero width column highlight
+tabs with BufferTabs plug-in
+control of whitespaces with WhiteSpaces Plug-in

vhdl editor kate

Do you have the syntax highlight file for every editor?

eclipse vhdl 2009

Linux -- Nedit is good
Windows -- UltraEdit is good

pspad vhdl

UltraEdit is best in windows, and vim is best in linux

+editor+verilog +vhdl +systemverilog

I think GVIM is a good tool to support these language!

system verilog template editor

Hi,

Does any one knows the link from which u can download a free version of Emacs Editor....?

Regard,
Anish

For Verilog/SystemVerilog, DVT (https://www.dvteclipse.com) is an IDE plug-in for Eclipse which provides many capabilities: errors indicated as you type, autocomplete, class hierarchies, diagrams, HTML doc extraction, macro expansion, OVM/VMM capabilities, integration with major simulators (launch, integrated help) etc.

Just give it a trial with an email to etools@amiq.ro :)

PS. some VHDL capabilities are also available

darylz said:
I'm finding a good VHDL/Verilog/SystemVerilog editor software, but it looks like not optimal. Most of software are designed for C/C++/Java coding, not suitable for hardware description languare...
Would you like give me some suggestion on this?

A good IDE for SystemVerilog, similar with VisualC or IntelliJ is the DVT plugin for eclipse. Look at https://www.dvteclipse.com for more details.

Added after 1 minutes:

eChipDesign said:
No editor is better than the vi/vim/gvim. Mindblowing editor. :)

The DVT plugin for Eclipse www.dvteclipse.com can be used with vi emulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back