Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what's meaning about those in PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mic_huhu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I used report_clock_timing to look for the longest and shortest clock path .

1) At first , I used -type summary .I found the report said "maximum launch latency" and "minimum capture latency"

2) I used -type latency -nworst 1 .the report said th" maximum lauch latecy" point is the same as above. the defult used "-launch"

3) When I used -type latency -nworst 1 -capture .the point is same with "minimum capture latency" point in the first summary report.

So I am confused .what are the lauch latency and capture latency.? and why the third report is different with the second report ? what are on earth the longest clock latency path and the shortest clock path?

hope you can clear me

thanks advance.

Johnny

Dear,
Check the latency value of source clocks in your constraints,
and cross check with physical design guys.

Hi, the clock pin of every register has different path delay from the source clock pin.
launch latency is the clock path delay the lauched register which lauch data on the Q/Qbar pin.while the capture lantency is the clock path delay the captured register which capture data on the D pin. To check setup, the lauch latency use the maximum while capture latency use the minmum. It is the opposite in hold situation.

Added after 2 minutes:

I am sorry ,
launch latency is the clock path delay of the lauched register which lauch data on the Q/Qbar pin.while the capture lantency is the clock path delay of the captured register which capture data on the D pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back