Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What wrong did I make when making this PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccarrot

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all:

I'm a totally new in designing and fabricating PCB. I've made a very simple PCB on which there is just one Surface Mounted Device resistor on the upper-right corner (see the first picture), but when the PCB's back, the place where the resistor should be mounted is covered by the green silk ----- isn't there some like silver-color Pad on the squared area? cuz the resistor package is covered, the resistor can't be mounted there, then

1, what should I do now?

2, What mistake did I make when I drew this board?

3, If I want to put a large area of a Pad on the board in order to mount a SMA connector, how can I do then? (see the second picture, I've put a large area of GND on the bottom side, but it is covered by the green too ---- no copper on it to be used to mount)

Thank you very much for any help!

photo.JPG

photo(1).JPG

That's weird.
Regarding the resistor, it's either a bug in the CAD software itself, or the board manufacturer has maybe used the wrong stop layer (which controls where the
green mask gets placed) for the top and bottom sides maybe? - you would need to check the entire board to see if that is the case).
What CAD software did you use, just out of interest?
Regarding your large pad, did you create the part yourself, or was it part of the CAD package library? If you created the part yourself, was the
pad actually defined as a pin, or as just an unconnected square of copper? If the latter, then you would need to have manually drawn over the
square with the stop layer, to ensure the copper was not covered with the green stuff.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back