Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What voltage reference is used for Vref and Vcm in ADC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mince

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Voltage refs for ADCs

When designing voltage references for an ADC (pipeline), what type of voltage reference is generally used to create the Vref and Vcm? I was looking at LDOs but I don't think this would really be necessary since it won't be supplying much current. Just general bandgap references then?

Voltage refs for ADCs

hi mince,
I think general bandgap is ok.

Voltage refs for ADCs

yes, bandgap and output bufer is ok

Voltage refs for ADCs

Yes. You can use bandgap circuits. But most important, you must care the temperture coefficient of bandgap. If you don't know process well, you'd beteer design some option for it.

Voltage refs for ADCs

an use bandgap circuits. But most important, you must care

Re: Voltage refs for ADCs

You must use bandgap reference, not just any general reference for a robust design but then you don't need curvature compensation or the likes , just a simple bandgap will do

Voltage refs for ADCs

The spec of 12bits Pipeline ADC about vref is always lower than 21ppm/%. So you can see bandgap is needed here.

Voltage refs for ADCs

bandgap is very widely used.

Voltage refs for ADCs

The BandGap is suitable in the voltage reference

Voltage refs for ADCs

bandgap is very widely used

Re: Voltage refs for ADCs

it's not a trivial thing when ur sample clock is larger than 20MHz. Because as ur frequency higher, the interference from sampling & MDAC should be considered carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back