Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What type of microncontroller can I use for motor control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cai2

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what type of microncontroller can i use by applying it to a motor control?

microcontroller

Which type of the motor ? DC or AC ? Many control methods are using PWM function, so u can find many MCU that provide the PWM function such AVR, PIC, etc... if you just control the rotate direction of motor every type of MCU can do.

microcontroller

Check out Microchip Motor application notes.
They have Pic chips optimized for motor control plus application circuits and sample code.

Re: microcontroller

a dc motor...

Hi
This link may help you.
**broken link removed**

Added after 8 minutes:

Hi
see this also.

u can use pic 16f84 with stepper motor or usin g relay to interfaceac motor

microcontroller

Best one is renesas microcontroller R8C tiny series.

microcontroller

hi cai2
i prefer to control a motor(dc motor)with L298 and ATMEGA16L,and its very simple,i did it for my robot,if you have question on it ,i will help you if i could.

but i don't have a programmer for that controller. Is it okay if used an ATMEL89C2051/4051 microncontroller?

Now a days almost every microcontroller supports all types of motor control HW.
The DC and stepper motor can be controlled by simple PWM. This can achieved by changing the toggling period of any uC pin. But to control the AC induction motor, a special HW is needed for generating 3 phase sinusoidal PWM. This HW is also available almost on all families of uC.
So selection of uC is depends upon the tools available and price of MCU only.

Nandu

hi

for this purpose if you use a AVR then it will be better as it is a powerful controller. you can use ATMEL's any AVR and the programmer are available in market. it is easy to use.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back