Continue to Site

Welcome to

Welcome to our site! is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] what type DC connector

Not open for further replies.


Newbie level 4
Dec 9, 2012
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could anyone help me with which type of connector this is? It approx 5mm in dia. the tip is 6mm in dia and the pin is 2mm.
IMAG0011.jpg IMAG0012.jpg

It looks like a co-ax plug. Common type that often carries DC power. However the plastic end ring is not smooth and narrow like the ones I'm used to handling.

It looks like the plastic was heated until it melted and expanded outward. But there's a substantial amount of plastic there, more than would account for normal construction. So I could be wrong and it's supposed to look that way.

The plastic ring at the tip of the plug looks that way by design. Also it has the plastic cover at the "bottom" of the plug.

The oversize plastic rim looks as though it would make it difficult to yank the plug out of the jack. But then the jack would need to be oversize in order to accommodate the oversize rim. Seems to me it would create loose play.

There also needs to be a strong springy metal tab inside the jack, to make proper contact.

If you are looking for a replacement, an ordinary co-ax plug should suit. They come in a large assortment of inner and outer diameters.

For instance at this link:

The DIN 45323 looks like the right answer. Also the correspondent socket looks like the one that sits in the board. Thanks very much. I will buy and try.

Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to