Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what the else function of sel_o in wishbone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnuhcs

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In a wishbone soc platform,the bus is 32 bits,but some state or control registers in some slave IP is 8bits.In this cases ,a signal SEL_O is always used to choose which byte is selected on the bus.My question is ,How Does CPU dual this selc_o signal and the register address.Does sel_o and address has some contact?
sel_o is described as:
The select output array [SEL_O()] indicates where valid data is expected on the [DAT_I()] signal
array during READ cycles, and where it is placed on the [DAT_O()] signal array during WRITE
cycles. The array boundaries are determined by the granularity of a port. For example, if 8-bit
granularity is used on a 64-bit port, then there would be an array of eight select signals with
boundaries of [SEL_O(7..0)]. Each individual select signal correlates to one of eight active bytes
on the 64-bit data port. For more information about [SEL_O()], please refer to the data organization
section in Chapter 3 of this specification. Also see the [DAT_I()], [DAT_O()] and [STB_O]
signal descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back