Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what should be the circuit of serail communication using

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCY02

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what should be the circuit of serail communication using MAX232 with 8051 microcontroller
i would like to send and receive data

What do you mean what should be the circuit? Searc Edaboard microcontroller section and you can find a lot of circuit and application there, of course you can check google.com too.

If you are new to serial port interfacing and new to 8051 ,and want to learn these two for interfacing only. Then the best choice for you is "Serial port complete " By Jon Axelson .

Have you checked it out ? It has circuit as well as explaination of what you are looking for.

You can download it from the forum (e version of the book ).

Regards !!

Please don't accuse me of trying to get points for these because i think all the previous reply are more than enough to get you going, anyway, i hope to give you a straightforward way of doing what you want -

1. Download the max232 datasheet
2. Go straight to the application section or example of circuit (page 16), and use the circuit with the exact capacitor value.
3. Connects the T1in to the Tx of the 89S51 controller and the R1out to the Rx of the 89S51. Usually i also include a pull up at both the Rx and Tx pin of the uC.
That's it for the hardware section.

I assume you would know of the s/w portion of the RS232.

Hope this helps

brgds,
chicken_feet

TCY02 said:
what should be the circuit of serail communication using MAX232 with 8051 microcontroller
i would like to send and receive data

RS232 serial protocol is already implemented for 8051,
what u need to do is to convert the level (from TTL 0-5V to RS232 +10/-10V and vice versa).

Use Max232 for level conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.