Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What shall I do to stablize the Vcon of VCO to make my PLL work well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eda_range

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

My PLL ckt works well in 125°, but while the temperature decending to -40° the ckt can not lock the freq and phase.

thank you

Re: a problem on PLL

please post your circuit of VCO... i mean post the circuit of the parts which show variation in output due to temperature,,,....

Hi,

Did you try thermister or use negative temperature coefficient cap. for temperature compensation ?

Rogernt

You didn't give many details, but check the harmonics of your VCO at the colder temperature. Some PLLs that don't have harmonic-locking problems at room temperature can develop them at high or low temperatures when the VCO's behavior changes.

Also look for issues with moisture condensation. Clean the board thoroughly.

eda_range said:
Hi

My PLL ckt works well in 125°, but while the temperature decending to -40° the ckt can not lock the freq and phase.

thank you

your PLL phase margin is not good, you can increase the PLL open loop phase margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.