Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of paper should be used for PCB printing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadolphine2000

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PCB Printing

I have a layout and I want to print it on a board, what shall I do.?? What kind of paper should I print the layout on.??

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks :)

Re: PCB Printing

I've got good results with glossy papers and laser printing (OLD HP 4P like...)

How to print the layout on the board itself.???

Thanks very much :)

I think I don't understand...
You want to print directly on the PCB?

Sorry for not being clear,...

I have a design made with eagle 4.14, I want to print this design on a PCB. How this could be done.???

Is there a certain type of paper that the design should be printed on first, then by another mean we transfer this design from paper to PCB.???

Tell me in steps please, what shall I do to print a design from computer to pcb.

Thanks for all your help :)

well, there are a number of ways to do this. screen printing being the oldest method, but it is economical if you have to make lots of boards of a single layout. then there is the toner transfer method. have a look at the following page

**broken link removed**

PCB Printing

samcheetah,..
Thanks very much for this link it's really useful. However, the same problem occurs which is the type of paper mentioned in the site " TRANSFER" paper.
Do you have anyother alternative.?

Thanks again for help. :)

Yes, you can use a standard glossy paper!

well, you can experiment with different types of picture/glossy papers available from stores near you. you might find something better than the one in the link i gave you. this method has been known to work with any paper that is able to transfer the toner. you can also use grease-proof paper (we call it butter paper here) which is very cheap.

a very good alternative is the Press-n-Peel transfer paper available from Techniks. Techniks claim to be an international distributor so you can order Press-n-Peel from anywhere. here is a link about the paper

http://www.techniks.com/how_to.htm

this has been known to be the best paper for the toner transfer method. here is another link of a person who has experienced the quality of Press-n-Peel.

http://www.eegeek.net/electronics/pnpetching.htm

at first i thought it would be impossible for PnP to be available in my country. but with some help of my freinds i located a distributor who stocks PnP. so you might be lucky to find a distributor who stocks PnP in your country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back