Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what kind of feedback for source degeneration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcyin

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
source degeneration analysis

Hi, all

I wanna know that what kind of feedback for source degeneration, voltage-voltage, current-voltage, voltage-current or current-current? anybody can figure it out for me, pls give a detailed explaination.

Thx in advance!

this is a series-series feedback : samples current - returns voltage.

can you explain this in detail, or any literature on it is appreciated.

Thx again!

You can understand this feedback with signal graf analisys

Alex_IC said:
You can understand this feedback with signal graf analisys

ANy documents to know more as to how to go about such analysis in a simpler way.

Read this book.
Operational Amplifier Speed and Accuracy Improvement: Analog Circuit Design with Structural Methodology, Author: Vadim V. Ivanov Igor M. Filanovsky

You can find it in this forum. Hope this help you.

This is series-series or curent voltage topology. Output and input resistance are increasing.
betta = Vf/Io. Vf =Vsource.

Alex IC! Vd does not have effect on output current if we do not take into account channel length modulation. Also you have mistake in expression. Check units.

Yes, there is a mistake, it is my fault..

But I am taking into account the channel length modulation :)

The right formula is Id=[Vref*gm+Vd/(R+r0)]/(gm*R+1)

i can suggest an easy method to find the kind of feedback employed in any circuit.Finding out the mixing is very easy:if the signal from the feedback path meets the input signal at a node then its current mixing,otherwise its voltage.finding out the type of sampling requires a little more effort. first short the output node and see whether the feedback signal vanishes or stays if it vanishes its voltage sampling. then u can open the output and see what happens to the feedback signal,if it vanishes its current sampling. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back