Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What it means when datasheet says 402, 603 packages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuit

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
402, 603 packages

Hi, When a datasheet says 402,603 etc packages for resitors and capacitors, am i right in assuming that the package 402 is the same irrespective of its a cap or resistor.

Re: 402, 603 packages

That is correct.
Numbers 603, 0805, 1206 describe the size not the type of a component..

circuit

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanks ! I have a few questions. I was looking at the datasheet of an A/D converter eval board. Its a 4 layer board with 1,4 for signal, 2 is ground and 3 is power and also they have copper pour at top and bottom which is grounded. Is this the common practice ?

Also the AD pins says some are analog ground and others are digital ground but the ground plane (inner layer 1) is not divided into two areas to distinguish them ?? I understand there is only one ground eventually and these should be tied together.

In multilayer PCBs it is pretty common practice to have layers dedicated for ground, power and signals.
As far as the issue with AGND and DGND is concerned, it really depends on a particular design. If during design process you don't have problems with mixing them you don't separate AGND from DGND.
IC manufacturers provide you with the option of running separate grounds and advice to connect them at one point only using a short and thin truck or an inductor.
But this is not a MUST, it is just an advice ..

Thanks once again ! what is the purpose of Ground Copper pour on the top and bottom layer of the board ?

It is possible that one pour is AGND and the other may be DGND ..

I think they are just having one ground ( one plane) which is inner layer 1 and also the top and bottom pour are connected to it.

What does the ground sandwich formed by these do ? how does it reduce the noise ?

[/img]

you must visit ttt.toplinedummy.com (ttt-> www)
thre is alot of datasheet for land pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back