Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is your favor drawing software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Photoshop. good choise. have a try!

of course Smart Draw , a powerful tool

Ya, SmartDraw is really good. Have been using it for last 3 yrs

I like PhotoShop, but generally I use CorelDraw and SolidWorks...

leomecma

obviously drawing with visio is very clear and can be edited easilhy

Does the visio provide hotkey(bindkey) funtion??
It would be very incovenient to use without bindkey.

Added after 10 minutes:

Does the visio provide hotkey(bindkey) funtion??
It would be very incovenient to use without bindkey.

this is good tool for drawing layout . there are also alot of example

It depends on what you need in this moment. For schematic for SPICE simulations or for simple everyday usage OrCAD is good. When draw schematic for RF simulation it is better to draw it in simulation program. For block-diagram Visio when it is done for presentation and TurboCAD when for myself. For any mechanical drawings and when I need exact scale and high quality of the drawing I use TurboCAD. It is inexpensive (I paid about $50), but powerful program. And when it is necessary to have some plots I use Excel, MathCAD or Matlab depends on application. I also use USB digital microscope when I need to get picture of board, layout, chip and so on. It has up to 200 magnification rate (fine tunable) and allows to do the measurements across the picture. It is an excellent tool for PCB examination and our IC guys may use it for their chip related needs.

I know this topic is obsolete. But I'll reply any way.

In proteus (7.1 or 6.9) you can make excellent schematics. You just copy them in proteus, and can paste them in M.S. Word. Then you get a vector graphics in there, that does not reduce quality if streched like screen captured photos

qslazio said:
smartdraw, try it!
Be aware that SmartDraw is a "business graphics" software rather than "technical graphics" software. SmartDraw marketing claims that they have a larger user base (typically compared to MS Visio). That's probably true - there are more business people (marketing, sales, managers) than engineers. SmartDraw is geared towards the initial ease of use, abundance of features and "canned" diagrams, but at the same time, it's not rigorously written.

I suggest visio and there are some circuit stencils packages available.... Try it out in google...

Have you tried with electric.

I am feeling it is a good tool for schematic.

Also for place and rout activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back