Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the use of codec in signal processing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janakiram.sistla

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
please clarify me what is the use of codec in signal processing

Re: doubt on codec

what do you mean?

For transmissing data in limited bandwidth, right?

hi
please any one can explain me the functionality of codecs

doubt on codec

hai...

Coder + decoder = CODEC

Codec is a single chip device which i s used to interface a DSP processor system to the outside world..

It mean .. it has both ADC and DAC... so that signals can go in/out of a processor...

_helios
hi.raj.tripod.com

doubt on codec

Hi
to input and output analog data to/from DSP processor u need a gate. Certainly this gate should have ADC and DAC and codec blocks(ICs) for DSPs are such blocks and some of them have anti-aliasing filters in their ADC.
for detailed info u should ask a more deliberate question.
cheers

Hi All,
Codec is a portmanteau of either "Compressor-Decompressor" or "Coder-Decoder," which describes a device or program capable of performing transformations on a data stream or signal. Codecs can both put the stream or signal into an encoded form (often for transmission, storage or encryption) and retrieve, or decode that form for viewing or manipulation in a format more appropriate for these operations. Codecs are often used in videoconferencing and streaming media solutions.

you can read more about this at : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codecs

cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back