Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the trace width for 50A in a 2 layer board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

havi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

what is the trace width for 50A. it is a 2 layer board. 1 ounce copper.
1.6mm thickness.

Havi

trace width for 50a

From

https://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

You can select the wire size (from Maximum amps for chassis wiring) then calculate the cross section area and devided by the copper thickness of the board. you will get the trace width.
Don't forget to add 25% for the current capacity (safety factor) before selecting the wie size.

Re: trace width for 50a

Hi,

You need to do lot of paper work before layouting the board,because it reuires lots of iteration to optimize.

can i know for what application is the board is used for?

Busbars are the best for this kinda application,also make the trace wide as much as possible,go through the pdf and link for the thicknessof the trace.
Later open the mask for the entire length,for which there is 50 amps current flowing,now take some strands of wire embedd it on the entire length by pouring lead over them,by this u can increase the resistance.
http://www.geocities.com/suppanz/TraceWidth.htm

Re: trace width for 50a

Havi, I suggest you should un-mask the normal track area say 1cm width and place (solder) a wire strip (copper) on it. In this way your track width will be in limits as well as you are save money of dipositing copper etc.

Regards

(click on helped me button will be appreciated)

trace width for 50a

u should try this link
**broken link removed**

it is a online track width calculator..

l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back