Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the significance of the technology section and cell level information used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_shinde

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the technology section from the files specified in the Tech LEF Files box is used. The cell-level information is not used. Similarly, only the cell-level information from the files specified in the Cell LEF Files box is used. The technology information from the files specified in the Cell LEF Files box is not used......

the above text has been pasted from solvnet...........regarding database creation from tech files.......what is the significance of the technology section and cell level information used.....?

Thanks in advance........
Prasad

tech files synopsys

well, u're talking about load LEF file in Astro to create Milkyway database.

the LEF file contain all the library information as you required. you can get its format on web.

the TECH head define the process information, just as the .tf file in your milkyway library.
the CELL LEF define the cell geometory info for each standard cell.

if you use the .tf file, the TECH head can be omitted when you use the LEF in

Re: tech files synopsys

in the tech lef files....i mention "tsmc13fsg_8lm_tech.lef" and in
cell lef files ....."tsmc13nvt_macros.lef" for macros.......i guess these both r converted into a single format .tf.......but in the Library i specified .."temp"...i am getting these directories...CEL, FRAM, lib, lib_1, lib_2.........till 7and lib_bck.....

r u saying that we can use .lef or .tf in milkyway database?

thanks!!

tech files synopsys

as i've said,
"*_tech.lef" define the process info, include poly, mental, via..., it is consistant with the .tf file. so if you use .tf in create library, you can omit this TECH LEF.

"*_macro.lef" define the geometory info of the standard cell macros, which can be converted into the .FRAM view in milkyway database.

as for the .TM view, it's created by the .lib/.db file

hope it could be clear.
regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back