Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the right way to hook up 3 bank RAM which dout can be tri-state

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordfisherman

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the problem is these memory only occupy limited space of the memory space,so when not access, all 3 DOUT will be Tri-state, which is not good because it use internally, Tri-state can cause learkage issue. if I have a decoder always enable one BANK, since the all OEN enable almost switch the same time, it might happen one channel one channel DOUT is High, another is LOW, therefore there are some shoot through, I have heard we need add some deadtime in between?
here is my doubts:
1. keep internal floating,if solve the shoot through issue, but how to solve the Floating issue
2. keep one bank enable by default, solve the Leakage issue, but it cause shootthrough
3. if solve by adding deadtime, it look like we have to do it in the layout level

thanks

why did you put the output in three state mode?
if you have a mux to select one of the three RAMs?
We impose in functional mode OE to be stuck to one in our design.

because it is the MEMORY IP come from the foundry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back