What is the real speed of 54Mbps AirPlus Xtreme G modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeymouse

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Speed on WLAN?

Hi,

I don't know if it is a good section for may question, but please read and answer if only you can ...

My question is about real speed on D-Link wireless products. I've testes D-Link AirPlus products and I've achieved:

- about 800kB/s (6.4 Mbps) in 22Mbps mode
- about 600kB/s (4.8 Mbps) in 11Mbps (802.11b) mode

on transfer from FTP ...

But I found lately on D-Link site "AirPlus Xtreme G" products with 54Mbps max speed. Have anybody tested it? What real speed is achievable??

Regards
Mickey

PS. Does anybody know the price of DWL-2000AP ??

I'm not test D-Link modem, but I'm works with similar Lucent and AiroNET modems. The maximum real speed of 54 Mbit modems on our measurements is about 36 Mbit/sec.
NOTE: do not try to use this modems in poit-to-point connections with amplifiers on a long distance. It's protocols not works, when the time delay between points exceeds one.

With responce,
Kit-the-great

36Mbit/s looks good

Can you write more about your NOTE ?

"time delay between points exceeds one" ... 1 ms? it is about 300m. I need make wireless bridges on distance 50..200 m. It is useful for that?

Mickey

Can you write more about your NOTE ?

"time delay between points exceeds one" ... 1 ms? it is about 300m. I need make wireless bridges on distance 50..200 m. It is useful for that?

Yes, it is useful. The distance, when connection breaks (with 30 dB amplifiers !) is about 3 km. When the distance is about 1 km, the connection speed slumps.

With responce,
Kit-the-great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…