Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the real speed of 54Mbps AirPlus Xtreme G modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeymouse

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Speed on WLAN?

Hi,

I don't know if it is a good section for may question, but please read and answer if only you can ...

My question is about real speed on D-Link wireless products. I've testes D-Link AirPlus products and I've achieved:

- about 800kB/s (6.4 Mbps) in 22Mbps mode
- about 600kB/s (4.8 Mbps) in 11Mbps (802.11b) mode

on transfer from FTP ...

But I found lately on D-Link site "AirPlus Xtreme G" products with 54Mbps max speed. Have anybody tested it? What real speed is achievable??

Regards
Mickey

PS. Does anybody know the price of DWL-2000AP ??

I'm not test D-Link modem, but I'm works with similar Lucent and AiroNET modems. The maximum real speed of 54 Mbit modems on our measurements is about 36 Mbit/sec.
NOTE: do not try to use this modems in poit-to-point connections with amplifiers on a long distance. It's protocols not works, when the time delay between points exceeds one.

With responce,
Kit-the-great

36Mbit/s looks good :)

Can you write more about your NOTE ?

"time delay between points exceeds one" ... 1 ms? it is about 300m. I need make wireless bridges on distance 50..200 m. It is useful for that?

Mickey

Can you write more about your NOTE ?

"time delay between points exceeds one" ... 1 ms? it is about 300m. I need make wireless bridges on distance 50..200 m. It is useful for that?

Yes, it is useful. The distance, when connection breaks (with 30 dB amplifiers !) is about 3 km. When the distance is about 1 km, the connection speed slumps.

With responce,
Kit-the-great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back