Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the paste used to fix potentiometer in position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus Master

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I need to know the name of the paste material used to fix the trimming potentiometer in position after it's value is adjusted. I usually see this red spot on any factory adjusted pot. and it helps that factory setting is kept no change during device shippment. Specially if the value is critical and may cause the device to malfunction if changed.

Anybody can help?

Thanks in advance.

Yours,

I think you can use the normal enamel paint without metal mixture.

8) You can use any single part epoxy which is air drying type.
in India we get one formulation "quickfix"

If you want no one to tamper with the preset value, not even you, then use any solution that is Cynoacralite based.

Two popular Indian brands are Super Glue, Super Wiz and Quick Fix.

bimbla.

B.t.w

If it is only to keep it secure, in its place but can be changed intentionally later, then use normal oil paint as suggested earlier.

Use of 1 pole 12 way switch can also become an effective potentiometer and you can always return to the last value precisely.

bimbla.

I'd used to work for a large service centre and
we used ordenairy Nail-Polish to secure the trimmers

Just use nail polisher, it works perfectly and cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back