Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the nature of plasma impedance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek_rathod50

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the nature of plasma impedance. Is it capacitive or inductive? I am talking about the applications related to Plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD).

Re: Plasma Impedance

Hi abhishek_rathod50,

I do not work with the type of plasma you are talking about but I can tell you that in energy discharge lamps Like flashlamps the plasma acts more like a low ohm resistor than anything else. I do have a plasma book at home and will look to see if there is a better explanation.

Let you know if I find anything.

if not good luck

dfullmer

Re: Plasma Impedance

Hi Abhishek,
Capacitiviely coupled plasma systems are used for PECVD. At least to my knowledge, i have only seen capacitively coupled systems being used for PECVD.
I have done some work on measuring the impedance of such systems and also designing on an impedance matching network for the same.
Contact me on chau_s79@rediffmail.com.
May be i will be help you out in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back