Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the motion sensor commonly used for digital display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Js_Ong

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
displacement and motion sensors

Hi,

I would like to know what is the sensor commonly use in the machine for digital display?e.g when a machine is has a linear motion and a sensor is detecting how far is the motion and display it on the panel.

Thanks.

potentiometer+use as motion sensor+principle

Hi,

Try following LINK,

**broken link removed**

Regards,

Jitendra

what kind of sensors are found in a fax machine

Js_Ong said:
I would like to know what is the sensor commonly use in the machine for digital display?e.g when a machine is has a linear motion and a sensor is detecting how far is the motion and display it on the panel.

What kind of machine? What's moving? How far will it move? What kind of motion? Are you talking about a displacement sensor?

capacitive sensor used in vernier calliper

Hi kender,

The motion sensor I meant was a sensor use to detect a simple movement of a straight line, like the concept used in the digital vernier caliper. I want to apply it into a machine which can do a display of lenght when its doing linear movement. It doesnt matter of how far it can detect, I need to learn from the easiest.

motion sensor principle of working

Js_Ong said:
The motion sensor I meant was a sensor use to detect a simple movement of a straight line...
What you are looking for is usually called “displacement sensor”. There’s a number of displacement sensor principles. To name a few: linear variable differential transformer (LVDT), capacitive displacement sensor, linear optical encoder, linear potentiometer. You can also convert any rotary sensor (e.g. rotary encoder or rotary potentiometer) into a displacement sensor using a rack-and-pinion mechanism.

...like the concept used in the digital vernier caliper.
I think that the capacitive displacement sensors found in digital calipers are very elegant. Here’s a write-up on digital caliper sensor. http://www.biotele.com/digital_caliper.htm

Here’s a good place to look for sensor information. You can post your question there too. **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back