Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the meaning of the bird's beak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_aswanth

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

guy's pls help me ont his topic .. what is the meaning of the bird's beak... pls do help me .....

if any link books for this topic try to post the links here .. so that i can refer .. that ..

Regard's
Aswanth

birds beak

Hi,
'Bird's beak' refers to field oxide tapering over the diffusion during manufacturing.
Effective transistor channel width has to take this into consideration.
Don't have any links at the moment but maybe you can find something with this info.

birds beak cmos

Hi,

You can find more about "Bird beak" in any of the process related books.

Regards

bird's beak..

u can look into cmos by kang for a brief explanation on bird's beak.

Re: bird's beak..

Isolation between mos device in any microcircuit is obtained by LOCOS technique.
the problem arsing during this process, the oxidation of silicon slightly extents under the nitride. the second problem comes due to large mismatch in the thermal expansion coefficients of silicon nitride and silicon, which results in damage to the semiconductor during LOCOS.

This problems can be eliminated or reduced by growing thin sio2 layer prior to deposition of silicon nitride

this results in penetration of oxide under the nitride masked region results in structure in fig this is birds beak

bird's beak..

Hi pranesh can u please send me the book which u hav told in this topic

bird's beak..

you got my name wrong .

you find the required contents in the book VLSI fabrication principles by s.k.ghandhi

i don't have a soft copy of the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back