Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the meaning of negative antenna gain in dB scale???

Status
Not open for further replies.

syed_azhar_hasan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
negative db gain

Hi,

I am getting negative gain in result of a simulation in HFSS so please kindly guide what does negative gain means???

negative gain antenna

negative gain means, you have positive gain outside the boundries. Depends on your structure try to find another vawe port.

negative gain in db

Negative gain can indicate that you have an antenna with significant insertion loss. Think of a dipole with an attenuator in series. This is not normally a good thing.

Or you may have done something wrong in the simulation.

Re: what is the meaning of negative antenna gain in dB scale

I have the same problem too, especially the directivity? how can a directivity have negative value? Which is impossible in theory. Please can anyone explain it to me?

Re: what is the meaning of negative antenna gain in dB scale

A negative gain antenna can be used to bend air. It is very powerful. The trick is to actually build it without losing all of its "negativity".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back