Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the maximum number of interrupts connected to 8085?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilip_devaraj

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

what is the maximum number of interrupts taht could be connected to 8085 at any given point of time.

Re: 8085

u can consult the book by GOANKAR..i m not sure about the number of interrupts ..but i guess it is there in that book..and furthermore..the number of interrupts can b changed by using additional chips..rite now i dont remember the chip numbers..but ill tell u soon.hope it helps u

using INTR line and external hardware u can connect upto 8 devices...and their interrupts can be serviced...(this method actually sends an RST code to the data bus thru external hardware)
the details with the circuit for interfacing are given in the book on 8085 by RS Gaonkar

u can also use the RST pins (5.5,6.5,7.5 as hardware interrupt pins on 8085)

dilip_devaraj said:
what is the maximum number of interrupts taht could be connected to 8085 at any given point of time.

As such 8058 has five hardware interrupts namely TRAP, RST 7,5, RST 6.5, RST 5.5 and INTR. So u can have as many devices connected in interrupt mode. Out of these TRAP is ormally used for catastrophic failures in the sysstenm design so remaining line can be used as general purpose interrupts.
Besides using external interrupt controller IC 8259 u can connect eight more devices to 8085 thru INTR line if oprated in stand alone mode and maximum of 64 devices if 8259 is operated in cascaded mode.
Ofcourse at a time 8085 will service these devices on the basis of priority assigned to different interrupts levels.
Enjoy and keep smiling
DKK

Status
Not open for further replies.