Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the latest GCC version working under XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
latest GCC under XP

Hi
What's the latest GCC version that works under XP .. and what's the Cygwin version that supports it. Also how can I download all ?

Re: latest GCC under XP

Have you actually visited the main cygwin site at:
www.cygwin.com

Download the cygwin SETUP.EXE program, place it in a directory where you wish to store the setup packages, and run it.
* Select to download and install from the internet.
* Choose a directory to install cygwin into.
* Select a mirror site and then Setup will download a categorised list of files.
* Inside this list you will find precompiled cygwin versions of gcc, gdb, etc. (under the 'Devel' category). Make sure they are selected to install.
* Inside this list you will also find the latest cygwin dll.
(under the 'Base' category).
* You can just leave the default installation or customise it further.

I am running cygwin under W2k and have no problems, are there supposed to be some compatibility issues with WXP?

Bye.

got it .. 8O
i was going to compile the systemC 2.0.1 extension on this platform .. any idea how can i do that ?

I found this into using google.

Systemc/Cygwin
-------------------
Lars Munch have made at Cygwin installation which contain systemC. Cygwin is a Linux environment under Windows. The installation also contain XEmacs and WMaker. Lars Munch is a Research assistant in the department of Informatics and Mathematical Modeling on Technical University of Denmark

But when I followed the link "http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~lmc" this is what I discovered:

Lars Munch Christensen
---------------------------
Since I have left my job at IMM, this page is no longer maintained. You can contact me at "lars-(@)-segv.dk".

So I suggest you email him and see if this address is still valid, and ask him if his port is still available somewhere on the internet.

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back