Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the FPGA Advantage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachinmaheshwari

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone tell me what is FPGA advantage? and
how to work on FPGA advantage?
do anyone have manual ?

Re: FPGA advantage

FPGA is a Programmable ASIC.

FPGA's are
cost effective.
Fast turnaround.
Low NRE (non-recurring engineering) changes.
Low risk.
Effective design verification.

The Maximum number of gates in an FPGA is over 500,000 gates and is doubling every 18Months

FPGA advantage

Look at this:

It is a tool from mentor graphics... you can craete desgns using VHDL as well as verilog... it has a simulator synthesiser etc...

may i get the manual of FPGA advantage
mentor graphic

FPGA Advantage is the platform which invokes modelsim for simulation and leonardo spectrum for synthesis.... So which manual you really wants???

we can implement the required logic and burn the circuit in lesser time
FPGA is reprogrammable and inexpensive

FPGA advantage

Look at my post before. The link is for a book devoted to FPGA. You will get everything at a glance.

do anyone has manual of
1. Leonardo spectrum
2. Model Sim

from mentor graphics

FPGA advantage

fpga advantage (fomer renior) is a software packge. it has modelsim, leonardo and precision rtl.
you can use these software alone, but with fpga advantage you can manage your (large) design better.

FPGA advantage

hey u r asking about fpga advantage tool or advantages of fpgas

Added after 4 minutes:

if u r asking abt tool its from mentor graphics which is having designer series for desgn entry ,model sim for design verification and precision synthesis tool for synthesis ,this tool provides different design entries and we can write code in verilog,vhdl,systemverilog and systemc and psl
this tool is vendor independent u can implement ur design in any type of FPGA i e all vendor fpgas

FPGA is basically a tool using that we can design our own system and also check the status of system using simulator.

basically we can say FPGA is ASIC..???

FPGA advantage

what is difference between FPGA and DSP board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back