Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference pic c or picbasic ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

umutguncan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I started to learn pic. And I bought a book. In this book Writer use only assamble...
After that I saw some sources about pic C or Pic Basic... in EdaBoard..
Is there any advantages of using picc instead of assamble.
I wonder about is it only ;

Programming with C and after that copmile the c code to assamble with using a compiler ...

Hi,
It seems you are not familiar with any programming language. You know C and basic both are programming languages. Assembly language is near to machine language, basic is midlevel and C is high level language.

From the learning view-
If you want to work on simple and small programs then assembly language is enough. But for big and complex programming you are strongly recommended to use C or basic.

From the compiler view-
Assembly compiler for PIC is free. But C compilers for PIC are free up to certain size (most of the time 2K. Depends on the compiler). For larger programs you have to buy a license.

Personally I would suggest you to learn C. It is easy. Once you get the concept then it would be very speedy and smooth to program any system than using assembly language.

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.