Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between mmsim and spectre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlbluesky

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the difference of mmsim and spectre? and how to get the spectre version?
someone say, 'spectre -V' can do, but when i input "spectre -V" in the terminal, it returns nothing: command not found, why. who can tell me how to get the spectre or mmsim version? for ic5032 and ic5141, what version of spectre or mmsim is suitable?

i'm confused, pls help me. thanks.

mmsim and spectre

You might have to type 'spectre' from within the cdsWrapper
environment, or else manually set up the paths.

I'm not sure the distinction between MMSIM and spectre,
but our version keeps changing and the parser along
with it, breaking old projects every time. Phuqqers.

mmsim and spectre

spectre in ic5141 is too old for some new PDK and can not simulate bsim4 model,so you have to use spectre in mmsim61 or higher.It all depends on your PDK info.

the command spectre -v will show the version of which spectre it finds first in your in PATH.
If the PATH doesnt contain any spectre path,it'll return command not found

Re: mmsim and spectre

Hi,

in former Cadence releases, Spectre was included in the dfII-package. Nowadays Cadence puts all simulators for analog and mixed-signal designs in a separate package called MMSIM.

Kind regards
hqqh

Re: mmsim and spectre

pls type 'spectre -W ' in terminal to see version of spectre installed in your cadence, not 'spectre -V'

Status
Not open for further replies.