Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Below is a list. I have compiled it in December 2008. Obviously, it's not a complete list, and it's merely a single opinion.
Pros and Cons of ARMs (compared to PIC18)
• Ample resources (ROM, RAM)
• Faster program execution.
• More sophisticated interrupt architecture
• C++ compilers, which might speed-up development and facilitate code reuse
• Many silicon vendors
• Many flavors
• Smaller mind share
• Lack of small device (the smallest one is 48-QFP)
• Larger amount of necessary external hardware