Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the common step of drawing a layout from a schem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liuzhili

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There is not any MSTEP , Microstrip or Mcross but only resistor and NPN in my schematic,but to draw/design its layout,all of that must be added. so I don't know how to start?
If I add microstrips in schem then optim it, maybe it's not fit for layout;If I draw the layout first, then change/calculate it to schem to re-analysis,it's far away from my design before?
How to,Help me!!!
Thank you very much !!!!

Re: What is the common step of drawing a layout from a schem

liuzhili said:
If I add microstrips in schem then optim it, maybe it's not fit for layout;

What do you mean by 'may not fit for layout'? Do you have size constrains (like your circuits must not exceed certain size)? or maybe microstrip manufacturing constrains (like minimum width or spacing of your lines)?

If you have any of the above constrains, you should be able to add them into your optimization goals, like telling the optimizer not to go below minimum width for line, or the sum of your lengths not exceed your maximum board space length...etc.

Is that what you meant?

In general, if the circuit is RF dominant it is much better idea to add mstep and mbend ...etc in schematic, and adding mlines as your RF lines..etc. You can leave a few non-RF connection without mline connection, since you can always add thos in the layout and you do not really worry much about their width/length unless they carry high current from DC or something.

I hope I understood your question correctly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back