Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the betst Cypress solution for a low speed USB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beuch

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
USB solution

Hi all,

I would like to know what is the better Cypress solution for a low speed USB device.

There are so many devices on Cypress web...

beuch

Eventually look at FT8U245AM chip from FTDI (www.ftdi.co.uk). I understood that Cypress it's a little bit too expensive.
Cheers

USB low speed

You can use CY63001A is a good choice and is not expensive. This device is very used in software keys. I have attached a pdf for your information. Regards.

Hi,

After a small investigation it seems Cypress solution for low speed need is cheaper than FTDI.

Thank you for help.

beuch.

just keep in your mind that USB need (@ host side) a driver and it's a real pleasure time to developp a "Windows driver model" one... (ironic :D)

so the real complete solution I use is FTDI, cause don't matter of how windows manage usb part....
with USB : just
#include "ftd2xx.h"

and use window.h function to link your code to ftdi dll :

ptr_on_dll = LoadLibrary("Ftd2xx.dll");

then :
ptr_usb_Open = (PtrToOpen)GetProcAddress(ptr_on_dll, "FT_Open");

That's really easy... :)

You are wrong Maziar, FTDI products are low end full speed, but it's true they are expensive.

beuch

FTDI test circuit

hello friends,

I´ve already bought a FT232AM chip and made a serial-usb converter test board to test this IC. The hardware seems to be ok but I simply cant install it in win98. I´ve contacted FTDI and sent tehm my sch, they told me the hardware was ok but they told me also that win98 had problems with drivers and said I had to update the OS and install some drivers. I´ve done all they said but still not working... Any suggestions??? The IC seems to be very good, expensive but good...

regards,

I use W2K and works fine... If you want to ship up that WIN98 OS... W2K would be a good choice. :)

I've been using the FTDI product. Check it out. Makes
the whole job easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back