Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the best microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

bader

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best microcontroller to start with

i want to learn microcontroller what is the best one to start with .......

In my opinion, you should try with 8051 (ATMEL or Intel).
Why?:
- It is not expensive.
- There are many free/crked software tools.
- There are many documents in this forum (for theory and for practical).
- You can build yourself a microcontroller loader.

Finally, hope this advices are usefull for you.

running light program avr

I would suggest to start with AVR. A lot of tools (including free C compiler), new architecture (comparing to 8051 and PIC), wide range of uC by features and price, simple Flash programming, etc. And the most important - very good support from AVRFreaks community!

the best microcontroller

If you learn best by seeing what others have done,
you might want to try the PIC16F84. It is old and there
are faster/cheaper controllers out there, but it has been
so popular over the years that there are thousands of
different projects using it on the web.

If you are a real newbie, you might find it easiest to
cut your teeth on a Basic Stamp 2 from Parallax. It
is simple to use, has incredible support, and will get
you going. Then you can migrate to other platforms.

Nick

trhe best microcontroller

All microcontrollers are good starting point.

It could be a PIC16F84 because you can built the programmer in less than an hour, and then write a simple led running light program in another hour which really gives you a good feeling of how things work and a great boost of confidence. There are so many pic project on the net especially for beginner. And after knowing 18F84 you can move up to higher series with similar way of writing codes. Check www.piclist.com. Lots of application note.

Or it could be ATMEL 89S52, which i am very confortable with. Cheap (much cheaper than PIC over here ). I am still writing in Assembly and i find that the 8051 assembly is very flexible. The programmer is easy to build but in terms of the number of projects on the net, it loses to PIC. But fear not, there are many people that are familiar with 8051 programming.

Or, Motorola 908 series? I have used the JL3 controller, and i find that in some way, it is pretty similar to the 8051. Again, programmer is easy to built, and there is a forum monitored by Motorola(Freescale) to assist anyone with problem. Plenty of application note.

Or AVR? Never uses it before, but will be using it soon.

To me it doesn't matter which uC to start, if this is your career path, it will be good to have some experience in more than one uC. Each has it's own disadv and adv.

rgds,
chicken_feet

there we go again. yet another microcontroller debate has started!!

use the search link at the top to view the hundereds of threads related to microcontroller comparisons. study a little bit about microcontrollers. look for the best development kit that suits your budget and which is easily available to you.

Not again,please see other EDA questions in this regard,theirs a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back