What is the best method to simulate conformal antennas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kleinesmurf69

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
conformal antennas

hello

What is the best method to simulate conformal (on cilinder/sphere/cone) antennas/arrays? MOM,FEM,FDTD?

are there good tutorials/books/e-books available?

is there any matlab/c code freely available?

thanks

Re: conformal antennas

Very difficult to answer man. The answer may vary according to the specific shape of element antenna as well as curvature. MOM/FEM could be OK if you can model it properly. FDTD is not well accepted for array simulatin.

Codes: ooops they are very expensive man. Some days back i got a code for patch antenna from Erip which have been coded by one of his very sweet friend. Search this forum to get that.

If you are looking for a simulator:

If the array is palnar then use IE3D or Ensemble (I know some people who are OK with Linmic). Now if it is non planar then you are in a very difficult zone. Try to avoid FDTD for higher order array and let me think...

Hmmmmmm.....

Well now its a drawing problem. So reject Ensemble.. IE3D can be used but modelling is difficult (I don't know people who use Linmic for it).

Yah.. if your curvature is vey large..IE3D..HFSSSSS.... Hey I think you are not going to put it in the missile head

:!: :idea: :?:

kleinesmurf69 said:
hello

What is the best method to simulate conformal (on cilinder/sphere/cone) antennas/arrays? MOM,FEM,FDTD?

are there good tutorials/books/e-books available?

is there any matlab/c code freely available?

thanks

I 've used CST and HFSS for conformal antennas design... There's not a "best method" for analysis, it depends on the shape of your array.. please tell us something more.

Regards
Lupin

MoM is the best

conformal antennas

I am doing research about non-planar (conformal) antennas and I am looking for a versatile tool allowing me to simulate the greatest diversity of non-planar antennas. Obviously I will need a full 3D solver: CST, HFSS, WIPL-D, Fidelity,....
I know CST (FIT based) and WIPL-D (3D MoM based) both have a very good deal for doctoral research.

What do FMM and AIM stand for?

Regards.

FMM stands for Fast Multipole Multilevel . See Chew's book "Fast and efficient algorithms in computational electromagnetics" Artech House, 2001
AIM stands for Adaptative Integral Method. See Bleszynski's paper "AIM: Adaptative integral method for solving large scale electromagnetic scattering and radiation problems" Radio Science, Vol 31 pp 1199-1206, 1996
God save Maxwell

Re: conformal antennas

i think there is not a versatile tool for nonplanar antennas, FEM and FDTD
and FIT have their advantages and shotcomings, but the better methods are them !

Good examples of 2.45Ghz patch antenna array on cylindrical surfaces(FEKO simulation + measurement)
and "Coupled Slot-Fed Microwave Slot Antennas on Cylindrical Substrates".

I think that is bigest problem where to find this substrates and how to make conductor lines than simulation.

conformal

hello kleinesmurf69

there is a book "Design of Nonplanar Microstrip Antennas and
Transmission Lins" from JHON WILEY & SONS, INC. PUBLICATION

i think it's in MCU Fileman.

RGZ

kleinesmurf69

i look ther
i think it's not there but I saw it ones in the old Filemanager

RGZ
PLASMA

Plasma,

I have the book. Any other interesting books/weblinks/tutorials you know of?
Thanks.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…