Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best code for planar patch antenna array synthesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Antenna Array

Lupin,

I'm studying about digital beamforming.

I need some example Matlab code about array antennas

Could you share your matlab code?

thank you

Adriane

g86 said:
PS: designing large planar antenna array with CST or HFSS is just wasting clock pulse and RAM and killing the computer disk and processessor with huge no of cells of matrix. Ensemble is far better choice since it is 2.5D :) and not 3D because it neglects manything to give you the output [8x8, 16x8, 16x16 arrays can be simulated using fast solver and smaller no of edge cells].

:!: :idea: :?:
I dont agree with at this point, 16*16 array is nothing for HFSS and CST, the trick is how to implement your design and simulate. In ansfor designer, in most case, we can simulate parts of the structure, build up balck box, put into spice analysis then optimize. What is the defference of simulation between 2.5D and 3 D? If I am correct, 2.5D assume the periodicity of the longitudal direction.
Best Regards.

hi i simulate 4*1 array under fidelity of zeland ,i agree that any fdtd code package will be more accurate (hfss,cst,xfdtd,fidelity,semcad,empire).

Antenna Array

Lupin said:
I've my own code in Matlab for planar array antennas analysis. I'ld like to exchange results with someone...

Regards
Lupin
do u give me it please.

Added after 6 minutes:

my software is about just microstrip array antenna,i exchange it .regards

"Antenna and EM modeling with matlab"
Code: **broken link removed**
Ebook:

Hi lupin

Lupin said:
In my opinion, they are both for every type of object...
CST and HFSS

You can use cst and hfss in periodic boundaries to get the S parameter of element
in infinite array all you need one symmetric element in two ways. If it symmetric in one way you have to use one column with two periodic. If it's not symmetric at all make one column of elements. use only hfss master and slave boundaries.(in CST it will be in ver.6)
For now you can simulate only rectangle grid array in CST but in HFSS you can simulate also triangle grid or another combination of grid array it will be available
also in CST ver.6 .
But if you want to get more accurate results you have to simulate at list 10X10 elements use symmetric boundaries electric and magnetic to calculate quarter of antenna 5X5 instead the 10X10 antenna, to get the S parameter of the element.
Don't use power dividers use port for each element it cut the simulation time without The power divider.

RGZ
PL

Antenna Array

I am looking for 8x8 batler matrix, can somebody help me how to desing??

Added after 10 seconds:

I am looking for 8x8 batler matrix, can somebody help me how to desing??
pat

how to control the phase?

I would like to know if it's possible to model and to compute the Scan blindness effect?

Can anyone give a satisfying answer?

Thanks in advance.

Lupin

Hi panag

that's the way to do it

PL

Antenna Array

Thanks, plasma

Antenna Array

Hi everybody

I am very interest for a demo of smart antennas , switching beamforming,ect (Simulink or Labview or Matlab,or Workbench, platform)
Pat.

Re: Antenna Array and FSS

Hi to anyone who's expert,

Do you have HFSS project files for this rectangular patch array (FSS).

The figure is includedin the pdf file.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back