What is TBuf?. Implementation error - excess use of TBuf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtcx

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys!, I'm using Spartan3 2000 k FPGA from Xilinx and using 8.2i ISE version. Well!. comming to the point. I added some enumerated data type with attribute property like this
------------------------------------
Signal timer : integer :=0;
TYPE timer is (start, timeout, stop);
signal radio_timer : stop;
Attribute init : string;
Attribute init of radio_timer : signal is "stop";
Attribute init of timer : signal is "1";
-------------------------------------------
Next to this, I added a small counter logic which resets the unit if the input has not arrived within the specified time....Now when I ran synthesis, it showed "Excess Device utilzation" for component
TBuf : 1 Out of 0
Now this is the first time I'm getting this error, and please tell me what this Tbuf is?. Is it Tristate Buffer?...And I wonder where am I using this Tbuf in my coding?. Those are the only signals I recently defined which caused the error!..Also it says (1/0) which means there is no Tbuf in Spartan3 or what?...It'd be nice of you guys if you could clarify what this Tbuf is and why Spartan 3 doesnt have such...!
Thanks in advance friends!......

I am not sure, but the synthesized circuit probably will include some multiplexers, which could be implemented combinationally or by using tristate buffers. So, you should have a look at the Language Templates.

Re: What is TBuf?. Implementation error - excess use of TBuf

Actual tristate buffer means a buffer with anable control. Well, Doesn't xilinx fpga have atleast one?...

Yes, they have. That's why in your case the ISE will use 3-state buffers. To avoid this you must look at the Language templates and use Xilinx recommendations how to realize multiplexers inside that kind of FPGAs.

xtcx

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…