Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is system gain of microwave link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bos1234

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If microwave link has system 131dB and another link has system gain of 126.8dB. which one of the two is better?

I read that, system gain represents the net loss of a radio system, therefore isn't 126.8dB better than 131dB

No, I don't think so.
System gain supposed to denote the dynamic range of the system, so I think 131dB is better.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't think so.
System gain supposed to denote the dynamic range of the system, so I think 131dB is better.

thanks for your reply sir. The figures where those values came from also agree with you. i.e. 131dB is better for system gain.

I was confused because one website said system gain is actually netloss

I was referring to this article
https://www.studymode.com/essays/Microwave-Radio-System-Gain-1434285.html

"*In essence, system gain represents the net loss of a radio system, which is used to predict the reliability of a system for a given set of system parameters."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back