Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is repeaters in ic design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksooryakrishna1

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
repeaters ic

I want to use repeaters to reduce delay in the line. I wanted to know how to design inverters? In some books they have given that inverters are used as repeaters and in some buffers as repeaters. Then how to get the buffers? Can any one give some materials regarding this.
Thanks in advance

what is repeaters

if u r trying to use repeaters in a long transmission line, u can use adequately sized identical inverters. if ur question was on designing a buffer, u can use 2 inverters together to make it look like a non inverting buffer.

if u wanna minimize a critical path delay, u may use logical effort theory to size the buffer chain. u can google on logical effort theory to know more about it.

design of repeaters to reduce the delay

Could you tell me whether the repeater which is used in interconnect design is single inverter or two inverters connected in cascade. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back