Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is meant by Corner Analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

banosey

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i want to know what is meant by corner analysis physically. In other word , what is meant by ff(fast fsat), ss(slow slow), and so on. What happens to a MOS or a resistor in these corners.

thanks in advance.

Re: Corner Analysis

In MOS structures FF SS etc. are used to see different scenarios. FF means fast NMOS fast PMOS, SS does slow NMOS slow PMOS and similar goes on. You can see these tests might be varying process,voltage, temperature. Thus soemtimes it is called PVT analysis.

Actually there is already one discussion about corner analysis under

Hope it might explain better and in more depth than my short explanation above :)

Cheers

banosey

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Corner Analysis

thanks hakeen for your help, but i just want to know the physical effects that happen to the devices across corners(i.e. what happens to the mobility, threshold voltage, and so on)

Re: Corner Analysis

You welcome.

I know in case of MOS the physical affect when you use fast or slow is directly the mobility. By fast the mobility will be higher and therefore witching is quicker, whereas by slow it will take longer. SUrely the critical cases for e.g. CMOS process are uneven cases. That are FS,SF and known as "skewed" corners.

For resistors the logic should be same. But as a passive device I guess variable is resistivity.

I dont know a good source for further detailed expalantion. Maybe some VLSI design books.

Sorry.

banosey

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Corner Analysis

thanks hakeen.

Status
Not open for further replies.