Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is HFN and how to do it using Encounter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

libinpk

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is HFN and how do we do it using encounter?!

What is HFN?

HFN: High Fanout Net, but I'm not familiar with encounter, maybe you should set the HFN to ideal net before CTS and cancle the set afer CTS. Hope it's helpful for you.

Re: What is HFN?

HFN is high fanout nets (like reset etc.). If you don't want to balance the skew, than no need to worry, Encounter can automatically take care of it.

But if you want to balance the skew. Simple option is to use the CTS algorithm, instead of specifying clock, specify the HFN net & encounter will build the buffer N/W to meet the specified skew requirement.

gen0357 said:
But if you want to balance the skew. Simple option is to use the CTS algorithm, instead of specifying clock, specify the HFN net & encounter will build the buffer N/W to meet the specified skew requirement.

Could you elaborate on that? In Encounter, if I have a signal (output of a previous DFF register) which needs to fan out and to drive SE pins of many SDFF registers, how should I tell Encounter to meet skew requirement? Thank you very much!

zhipeng said:
gen0357 said:

Could you elaborate on that? In Encounter, if I have a signal (output of a previous DFF register) which needs to fan out and to drive SE pins of many SDFF registers, how should I tell Encounter to meet skew requirement? Thank you very much!

just set "*DFF/Y" as the AutoCTSRootPin in spec file, and set the skew u want behind MaxSkew.

any other idear? i wonder......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back