Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is an open/short test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsvoltaire

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
open short test

Would anyone describe how it is done?

open short testing

marsvoltaire said:
Would anyone describe how it is done?

Question is not clear...
Do u mean open circuti and short cicuit tests in machines???

open-short test

Usually, the short circuit test is done with a current source and a voltmeter. If the measured voltage is greater than a specified value, the circuit is rejected. In a similar way, the open circuit test is done with a voltage source and an ammeter. If the measured current is greater than a specified value, the circuit is rejected.

open short tester

yes.. i'm referring for open/short test of machines.

open/short test

marsvoltaire said:
yes.. i'm referring for open/short test of machines.

I dont remember exactly.. The explanation is given in any standard machines text book...some books are BS Bhimra, Nagrath and Kothari etc....

In open circuit test the terminals will be open and you do the test , u will find open ciruit losses( mechanicla losses etc), and similarly in short ciruit also u will get electrical losses.

Once u get the both results you can get total losses. So for given output or input u can get the effeiciency of the machine.

package open short test

Is it for some specific devices like Transformer etc.

ull testing open / short

in open circuit test you are discovering magnetic losses...
in short circuit test, you'll find the winding losses and exactly the reactances value for the machine either motor, generator or transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back