Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a Diode and how is it constructed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_books

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is Diode ? How it is Constructed ?

Re: What is Diode ?

hey b4 asking question in this forum pls do refer some book....

my_books

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I need it's Detailed Construction.

1.solid state electronic devices by streetman and banerjee
2.electronic devices and circuits by millman and halkias
....lot more

my_books

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

is a component that restricts the direction of movement of charge carriers. Essentially, it allows an electric current to flow in one direction, but blocks it in the opposite direction. Thus, the diode can be thought of as an electronic version of a check valve. Circuits that require current in only one direction will typically consist of one or more diodes in the circuit design.

Early diodes included "cat's whisker" crystals and vacuum tube devices (called thermionic valves in British English). Today the most common diodes are made from ultrapure semiconductor materials such as silicon or germanium.

270px-Diode-photo.JPG

the diode is a rectifier that makes current go into a certain direction and blocks it in the opposite one...it is constructed by a semiconductor PN junction

more details would be in any devices book

Status
Not open for further replies.