Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What idoes RV refer to and what it is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhamed

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is RV?

Can any one help me that what RV refer to and what it is? I am recommended to put 2 RV 160 Vrms 250v 10j between tel line.

------------------------------------------- TIP
|
_|_
|__| RV1
|_______GRN
_|_
|__| RV2
|
--------------------------------------------Ring

this make the telephone performance better for data sending!

Re: what is RV?

From the schematic and performance parameters, these look like transient clamps. They will not improve the performance except for protecting your data terminal equipment from damage by lightning strikes on the telephone wires.

mhamed

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
what is RV?

if it is so what is the meaning of 160Vrms & 10J . for protection i can use 2 zener. and zener is Diode (D) not RV.

Re: what is RV?

mhamed said:
if it is so what is the meaning of 160Vrms & 10J . for protection i can use 2 zener. and zener is Diode (D) not RV.

The 10 J is ten Jules of energy absorption capability without destruction. The 160 V rms is the potential that will just start the protective devices drawing current. These devices may be gas tubes or MOV types. These devices are less costly than the equivalent Zener and operate on both polarities.

mhamed

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.