Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What Happenned to Intel anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltonjohn

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I decided to pay a visit to Intel's web site ... I was surprised, it look to me like visiting a bolts & screws shop .. No innovation .. just the same old, .. like a mama & papa store .. Intel used to be the ROLL ROYCE of the electronics ,... What happened to that incredible company .. i think i know ..i will keep it for myself !.. Is the same story .. over and over ..the story also of hewlett packard .. they don't dream of technology anymore .. they sell paper & ink for their crummy cheap printers.
It really hurts me for intel .. Which used to stand for INTELligence ..
well ,i see that they only sell the nuts & bolts that hold together the MS windows crap! What a shame for the company that designed the still state of the art I860 ( a cray supercomputer on a chip!) . that designed the i960 a superscalar superprocessor ,.. I see that they are still trying to sell it in all flavors .. Unfurtunatly 18 years later ..with the original speed(33mhz ,that means probably the same core !. Intel Programmable logic division ..gone (sold to altera ).. Intel the inventor of the flash memory division .. gone .. Intel microcontroller division .. the designers of the 8051,i8051Fa, i8051Fb, ..kc , etc I80196 ka , kb .. well they .. do something ridiculus this days ..
Intel designed the MERCED 64 bit chip 3 years ago ! with the help of Hewlett packard ,The whole thing was big blunder ..a big catastrophy
I recall other technologies companies in the past that also diversify in thing that didn't understand and ,..well went away ..
the empire ITT .. born from AT&T .. and from an anti trust settlement
decided to rent cars ...
Anyways for intel it really hurts me ,,, because is not just a brand is history of technological accomplishment
That's probably why this companies are not hiring engineers .But i would not be surprised to see advertising for sales people for tuperware !

Hi,

its not only Intel but the whole world itself. Its all about maximum profits and then again new markets with more profits and higher share values. Its not only the Electronics sector but also in mechanics & physics. I think its time for a new breed of innovators who think out of the box and stretch the limits of human imagination. Its time for us to dream that dream again, where technology is used to enriched and help the lives of all of mankind not only just for maximum profits.

We need :-

1. new non invasive medical procedures using LED light (NASA has done some pratical research) and HF electromagnetics (RIFE Technology)

2. Zero heat generating electronics

3. Localised power generation (High efficiency generators & Zero Point Energy)

4. This is the year 2004 so whats with the piston engines in our cars, whats with our satellites and space probes sitting atop a glorified giant fire cracker with one end opened.

Well i guess all the dreamers decided they need to put food on the table and shelter their family and this and that.
Sorry for the rant, but when i look at all the high technology multinational corporations and the world around us and the nature of most human beings, i dont see much hope for the human race cos in general our technology as it is will take us down.

Is there another young Nikola Tesla hiding somewhere in Europe?

peace
docdune

They do what maximizes profits. Their microprocessors are the big money makers and the other products they could develope would not produce enough profits. I personally think that this is false economy. Another problem with big companies is the toadies and boasters get put in charge of new divisions and they hire other toadies and boasters. The net result is low performance products. The RF division of National had this problem which is why their RF products in the past ten years have not sold much.

Hi

I think that two of the most important key words today are standardization and money.

Standardization means the same material for everybody. The same material for everybody means huge quantities. Huge quantities means money and the loop is closed.

Intel has invested the standardization market, which generate the maximum of money. They have sold everything they had which could never become THE standard of the market and they have bought and sometime kill everything that could make them some shade. I think about LEVEL ONE which had design the first IXPxxxx network processor and I think about CADUL which privided preformant C compilers for x86 plateforms. Today, network processor's market is growing up and CADUL is dead and buried.

So I think their goal is buy or kill to create THE standard and earn the much of money as possible.

Papyaki :
Est-tu francais ?

Well i think you and flatulent got it absoloutly right ,, Every thing is for sale this days ..
Maximizing profit .. in detriment of carriers and else .. It appears to me like there is no code of conduct any more !...But insted "If you don't get cought then is ok" . You can dismantle a 10 thousand,100 thousands employees legitimate and viable company ,Just because you want a personal Palace .
This is accepatble this days there are no written laws againt it .. Well legislators never thought it will get that bad ..! Too late the legislators are also on the pay roll of the crooks! .. At least in the good old USA.!
But i'm shure is similar in Italy,France,Germany ,Britain ,., and even
Tombouktu!
Just for the record . i saw on a tv program a blind inventor ,who came up with an new idea of a device for searching the internet for blind people ..
The kid was based in florida .. He could not find founding in the US for his project .. He found investors in RUSIA .. Is world gone up side down .. The ex comunists playing the capitalists game !

Status
Not open for further replies.